In an increasingly interconnected, globalized and complex world, where the importance of multilateral dialogue and cooperation is ever growing, the demand for training and capacity development in the field of international affairs and diplomacy is constantly rising.
This Certificate’s programme is designed to be perfectly suited to the needs of students and full-time professionals interested in both developing essential knowledge for understanding international affairs, as well as strengthening their capacities in the practice of diplomacy. This Certificate’s Degree will allow diplomats, government officials, students and other stakeholders to upgrade their studies and knowledge with a formally recognized degree combining the best of university education and UN executive training.
At the end of the Programme, students should be able to:
- Develop a critical understanding of key issues and concepts in world affairs;
- Demonstrate a comprehensive, substantive and practical knowledge of international relations and diplomacy;
- Develop analytical skills and critical thinking;
- Improve research and drafting skills;
- Perform in both bilateral and multilateral working environments with increased confidence.
Course director: Prof. Marco Ricceri
Tutor: xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
All the teachers will be highly qualified lecturers from IDI, xxx University and UNITAR.
The maximum number of participants is 40. The minimum number of participants is 20.
- International Law and Institutions
- International Relations System and Theories
- International Political Economy
- Introduction to the UN System
- European Union in World Politics
- Latin America in World Politics
- Eastern Asia in World Politics
- Africa in World Politics
- Middle East in World Politics
The PG Certificate is open to graduate students, young researchers and other academics interested in gaining a thorough understanding of diplomacy and international relations and acquiring soft skills to thrive in their careers.
The objective of the admission process is to select students with great potential and who can make a significant contribution to the learning experience. We seek candidates who are dynamic, motivated, creative, and who have not only an excellent academic background and/or professional experience, but also have interpersonal skills enabling the participants to make the most out of this programme.