International affairs and diplomacy
In an increasingly interconnected, globalized and complex world, where the importance of multilateral dialogue and cooperation is ever growing, the demand for training and capacity development in the field of international relations and diplomacy is constantly rising. In this regard, the establishment of this innovative Master in International Affairs and Diplomacy holds great significance.
The Degrees will allow diplomats, government officials, students and other stakeholders to upgrade their studies and knowledge with a formally recognized degree combining the best of university education and UN executive training.
By the end of the programme, participants will:
- Gain critical understanding of key issues and concepts in world affairs and international relations as well as practical knowledge they could leverage in their professional project;
- Master analytical skills and critical thinking;
- Be able to perform in both bilateral and multilateral working environments with increased confidence;
- Advance their careers in joining a broad group of alumni across the world.
Course director: Prof. Marco Ricceri
Tutor: xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
All the teachers will be highly qualified lecturers from IDI, xxx University and UNITAR.
The maximum number of participants is 40. The minimum number of participants is 20.
- International law and institutions
- Diplomatic law
- International relations system and theories
- The UN system: genesis, functions, achievements
- European Union in world politics
- Conflic resolution and crisis management
- International diplomacy – Theory and practice
- Overcoming negotiation deadlocks
- Public diplomacy in a multipolar world
The objective of the admission process is to select participants with great potential and who can make a significant contribution to the learning experience.
We seek candidates who are dynamic, motivated, creative, and who have not only an excellent academic background and/or professional experience, but also have interpersonal skills enabling the participants to make the most out of this program.